Sunday, July 20, 2008

My First....

So, everyone always says this, so I might as well too.....

I've never done blogging before, this is my first one, so bear with me while I learn to do all the neat things that everyone else has on their blogspots.

I have thoroughly enjoyed reading my sister-in-law, Rebecca's, blog. Jeff's family seems to be getting into it, so I thought "what the hey!" Jeff & I live very boring lives it seems - so there my not be much on here when you get right down to it.

My sister, Susan, and her family were just down here for a visit. We had lots of fun going to Plano & seeing them, and bringing them down to Rowlett to our house to go swimming. Jeff & I were both excited to see them grow as swimmers in the short time they were here. Jason was pretty good to begin with, but went from having to have a mask that covered his nose to going to goggles and doing flips off the waterfall. Emily & Kate both had waterwings, wouldn't go near the waterfall, and barely put their face in the water - when they left they was doing cannonballs with no floaties, and diving down to the bottom of the pool to pick up gold coins. (fake pirate stuff...no one get any crazy ideas about coming to visit so you can plunder our gold coin collection!) Even little Kari had a full body float suit, water wings, wouldn't go near her dora the explorer goggles. She finally shed her full body float suit - which was good cuz that was hard to get on and off everytime she had to pee...which was a lot cuz she couldn't get enough of the pool water - even after we switched over to salt water! - Her favorite pool activity was to have her water wings and goggles on & play 1, 2, 3, take a deep breath, and go under water. She would get really excited if she actually got to touch the bottom of the pool with her foot. Her last day I took the water wings off her & taught her the fundementals of floating on her back. In her last moments in the pool, she was swimming face in the water, little legs kicking, no floaties on whatsoever, back & forth between Jeff & I.

Susan & I got some shopping in. We all went down to the farmer's market in downtown Dallas and picked up a couple of pineapples, strawberries, "Parker County" peaches, a couple of Isreal melons (cross between a cantalope & honeydew), oh & just a few green beans to bottle. The kids raced with Grandpa Phil to snap their beans. I think we ended up with 21 quarts and 16 pints of green beans. Like I said..a few green beans! Susan & Grandma Phil stayed up until 4 am bottling, while I ducked out at about midnight .... Thanks for the beans ya'll!

No comments: