Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Adventures in Babysitting

So as a YW group, we are doing a babysitting fundraiser for girl's camp. We did this last year and had a lot of success with it. Things went great last year. We had no fights, no crying...it was awesome. We had 3 different dates. We had about 20-26 kids...$12/kid...you do the math...

So of course this year we were pretty psyched about doing it again. Our first day was Valentine's day and thought that would give us a great turn out. Well we had 29 little kiddos....something we overlooked - Laurels want to have a Valentine's date. So we didn't have as many YW as we would've liked...

All was going well until I heard..."Sister Nelson...someone peed on your couch." Not words you want to hear.... but as parents were dropping off their kids a couple of them said..."by the way, we are potty training." - Why they wouldn't they just bring them with pullups on - I just don't understand... So I grabbed the spray and headed upstairs. Once up there I was informed that it wasnt on the couch (whew!) Someone went into a closet and peed. - Luckily the kid sat on a bunch of sheets & blankets. When I asked who the culpret was so I could get one of the girls to change them, they informed me that it was a 10 yr old girl. ....She is the sister of one of the beehives. The beehive was mortified. I felt so bad for her. She called her parents to get clothes etc. Unfortunately, they went ahead and picked up the beehive too. She wasn't able to go hottubbing after babysitting.

All in all, it was a good money. Hopefully next babysitting we will have more girls to make sure noone pees in my closets.....

3 comments:

Todd and Amyjoy said...

Jill,
Wow, a ten year old???? I am hoping there is more to the story than just not finding a bathroom?
Check out my blog about our babysitting adventure. It was much more calm than what you had though.

Glad you're blogging!
Amyjoy

Rebecca said...

Hey who needs a dog when you got 10year old girls to break in your carpet? Babysitting is a really great idea for a fundraiser! Next time make sure everyone has pull-ups on--even the girls who are doing the babysitting!

amy said...

You are my hero for having 29 children in your home! That is crazy a 10 year old peed on the carpet though--was she sick? The young women are lucky to have you!