Wednesday, May 11, 2011

1 year Photos

While in Utah at Susan's house, we were able to take Sydney's 1 year photos
Here is Sydney in a cute little dress that was given to her (as a hand-me-down) by the "Greek Lady" Aphrodite...yes, her name really is Aphrodite & yes, she really was Greek.  Her little boy was in the NICU for a few days and shared the room with Sydney.  She was done having kids and since she had a boy, there was no need for her to hold on to her girls's dresses.  She said that she would like to see them go to someone who would appreciate them...I do appreciate them!

This dress reminds me of Audrey Hepburn - the poka dot dress she wears in "My Fair Lady" 



The fact that she was sitting up for those shots is a miracle!  I think Susan did a great job getting her smiles before she fell off the box!  After that getting her to sit up by herself was almost impossible!  What is irritating, is that she can sit by herself, she just won't!

It was Easter while we were there.  Susan had picked up this cute little knit bunny ears hat.  Sydney is wearing a little short & shirt outfit the Easter bunny left her.  Sydney LOVED playing with the plastic eggs.  I love all the colors in these shots!  The little bunny in these pictures is the same bunny that Sydney got her weekly growth pictures taken with while she was in the NICU.





More fun props...we had to do something so that Sydney would "sit up"...


Her favorite bunny again...


Quick..get the picture before that smile turns upside down!


That is more like it...we were picking on her...having her sit all by herself!
I know...I am such a mean Mom! :)

5 comments:

Bailey bits and pieces said...

These are precious!

Rachel Bendtsen said...

I love the pictures!!! She is sooo adorable!!

The JL McGregor Family said...

Cute pics! Also... My Fair Lady happens to be my favorite movie.

Rebecca said...

They turned out really cute. Good job being photogenic Sydney!!

amy said...

I love it. You would never know she did not want cooperate. Her smile just lights up the room. So, so cute!
Happy Birthday!