I woke up Sunday and had a voice telling me that I needed to take a pregnant picture. I thought it was a good idea since it was Mother's Day and I really haven't looked all that pregnant (and probably still don't that much in the picture) before now.
I called my Mom and asked her to go through my suitcase at home and grab a couple of outfits, the hairdryer and curling irons. I then called my sister who was visiting and asked if she would do my hair and take the pictures. Once Susan got here I hopped real quick in the shower (I was using 1 of my 2 bathroom privileges to do this). She then did my hair. I got to "dress up" - yes capri's and a shirt is considered dress up when all you have been wearing is a hospital gown for 2 weeks! We quickly snapped some pics and I was back to the hospital gown and bedrest.
My neices and I then started watching "The Princess and the Frog" in bed.
It was a nice way to spend the day. I was having no contractions, we got to eat a nice lunch, the Elders came by and offered us a chance to partake of the Sacrament. What more could a girl want for her Mother-to-be Day?
Later that night around 9pm or so I started feeling some contractions/movement/I still haven't figured all of this out yet... They put me on the monitors and saw some contractions. The doctor had standing orders that if I had 2 contractions within 15 min of each other, than I was to get a shot of "terb" to help stop the contractions. This has always worked...it had worked that morning at 6am. I get a shot, my heart races, the contractions stop and I fall asleep (that last side effect apparently is unheard of!) So I got my shot, waited an hour and at the last of part of the hour I had a contraction and then another. They gave me a 2nd dosing and that seemed to have no effect either. The orders were that after the 2nd dosing and I was still contracting, they were to move me over to L&D for 24 hour monitoring. The Antepartum floor is just not equiped to have that long term monitoring care. They gave me an IV of mag-sulfate and blam, the contractions stopped.
I spent a nice Monday watching "The Blind Side" with my Dad. Of course it took almost all day because they have to infuse a saline drip with the mag-sulfate so I had to use the bathroom every 45 min-hour, then the nurse would come in a do my vitals and that would take an additional 20 min. We eventually got through the movie - that was both of our first times seeing it. Great Flick! I figured that they would end up releasing me back to antepartum on Tuesday and I would go on cooking our little girl...remember what I said in the previous post about "Best Laid Plans..." :)




No comments:
Post a Comment