Thursday, October 15, 2009

I broke a stirrup!

This is going to be an interesting change....I am not going to take you back in time to give you back story for this post!

So today I had the hysterescopy - camera in utereus.  I, of course, was very nervous.  The doctor had perscribed me 5 mg of Valium for my stress and anxiety.  Valium is also suppose to have a "forgetting" effect to it.  I was to take it an hour before the procedure.  Jeff was a little leary, so he had me take it about 20 min before hand - you know how doctors are at keeping their schedule!  So by the time I was to do it, it had been about 40 min after the medicine.

Ok - so Valium doesnt work on me!  I felt everything and then some!  The doctor was really nice about it all.  I think everyone was hyper aware of my stress.  He tries to tell a joke - he says I remind him of a woman who goes into a pyschologist office saying, "doc, one minute I think I am a wigwam, and the next a teepee.  what's wrong with me?"  the doctor replys, " oh that's easy, your 2 tents"....yeah I didnt laugh either! He kept apologizing for the pain and saying I'm almost there.  Give me a minute....  So of course I, in human nature, keep pushing back, arching, etc.  Whew...it is done - I am still cramping crying the nurse is patting my arm telling me I did good.  He now wants to do a quick ultrasound.  He needs to change something so could I raise my bottom up again so he could do who knows what...and BOOM!  I put a little more pressure on the stirrup and it falls off!  How embarrassing!!!!  He is apologizing to me - dumb broken bed - I am profusely apologizing to him...

So on to the "calendar".  I get to wait for my next period...and then give him a call.  Love specifics! :)

We get out to the car, and boom the drugs hit!  I crawled into bed and apparently have been asleep for the past 5 hours.  Jeff woke me up about dinner, but I apparently just rolled over.  Angie called to ask if they could come up this weekend!  Yeah!  We love visitors and this will be their first trip!  Oh I need to tell them to bring their swimsuits if they want to "hot tub".  I think if she hadnt called, I would still be asleep.

Jeff is attributing everything to high levels of adreneline.  The minute I was in a relaxed situation - the car  and home - I fell asleep.  Oh and the "forgetting effect"  Yeah - I didnt experience it as you can tell by my blog, I remember everything!

Hopefully everything will be successful!

6 comments:

Todd and Amyjoy said...

You are brave. I wish you much success!

Angie Briggs said...

Sorry I woke you. Maybe this weekend I could take care of YOU! -bring you a Sonic or something:)

Rebecca said...

I hate how the doctor tries to joke while you are completely naked and helpless and thinks you should laugh. I am glad you made it through. At least you got a nice nap out of it. Did they let you keep the stirrup as a momento of your experience? Maybe you could bring it back at your next appointment and use it threateningly if he starts trying to tell more funny jokes. You can say, "I have a stirrup and I know how to use it!!!" Yep, it looks like I am about as funny as the doctor...

Scott said...

Thank you for loving Angie. She like all of us love you.
You are the best. Delivery would be a piece of cake!
If you want to forget pain, I have this room that needs painting.... Ah, no did I say that? We could always try grafitti?

Scott said...

Wait that wasn't Scott . It was me. Mom. Hey Something on my computer is funny.

amy said...

oh Jill I remember the last time you told us you had to go through that! Hopefully never again! We pray for you and love you!