Saturday, October 10, 2009

It is times like these that I am glad Jeff is a Doctor!

I got a phone call last Friday from my fertility doctor's office.  They want to do a hysteroscopy (blow up my utereus with air and stick a camera in... & take a tissue sample) in office - no anaesthesia! - on Tuesday, October 13th at 11:30 am and then the following Thursday at 10:30 am have a "class" on all the drugs and the calendar.  I really want Jeff to be there, but the times they put things are right in the middle of his clinic.  I asked the nurse - Melinda - if we could change the times.  She said "No".  I told her that my husband was an OB and the times wouldnt work for him and please, is there any other time that we could do any of this?  Her response, "No."  I told her that his half day was Thursdays and he would be available anytime after noon.  She told me that they read lab reports on Thursday afternoons and that it was impossible to change the time. 

One of the feelings I experience with the whole infertility thing is a "loss of control".  Not that I am sure a lot of people feel like they have "control" over their fertility, but I have to totally give away any small amount of control to the doctors.  The only "control" I have really is picking the doctor and setting the appointment.  Not being able to have Jeff with me for these "scary" things was more that I could take!  I was in Utah when I got the call at Aaron & Rebecca's house. (luckily not Susan's cuz I have NO cell coverage there!)  When I tried to use the little control I had, it was immediately taken away from me.  I went into a big time panic attack/anxiety attack.  I called Jeff really upset about the whole situation and asked if he could call and talk to them - if nothing was going to change, we haven't given them any money and moving to another doctor would only set us back for the amount of time to set up the appointment.  I was trying to get my "control" back!

So Jeff called on Monday morning and left a message for Melinda - he didn't say "Dr. Nelson" he just said "Jeff Nelson, husband of Jill Nelson" and gave his office number as the call back number.  WOW!  It is amazing how she responded to that!  Miraculously they were able to reschedule!  Now, we have both appointments scheduled for Thursday, October 15th at 2:30 pm - Oh & yes, I will have in-office anaesthesia!

Still not looking forward to the hysteroscopy - I have had 2 done previously - in an OR - not an office, but at least now I won't be awake for it - or so loopy I could really give a care! :)

Once we have that calendar in hand, it will make our lives a little easier.  It is really hard for us to plan anything down the road, whether it is for next weekend or next month, we just have no idea what state I will be in.  Well we know that the "state" will be Texas ... ( hahaha Dad!) and the city will be Rowlett for that matter! :)  Once we have the embryos transferred, Jeff & I are planning on me "resting" quite a bit.  I am going to be stockpiling books and DVDs for the fun 2 weeks following the transfer.  Even before the transfer, I will be limited on travel - the medicines they put me on make me ..... well, let's just say "moody" - we want to keep the rating on this blog at a "G"!

We will keep you updated once we have our appointment next Thursday.

2 comments:

Mom-Mom said...

It's early in the morning before the sun and my heart is full to over flowing for you today. I hope I can type through stained glass "windows". My thoughts and prayers are with you and I am so glad that Jeff used his love and influence to assist you in making the arrangements for the "blow up" procedure. I wish I could have it for you! I pray that starting today your anxiety will begin to subside and you will feel your guardian angels near. You are dearly loved by all.

Jeff n Jill said...

You can't have it for me...you have no more utereus! :)