Thursday, March 25, 2010

"Big Sono" - 21 weeks

I had another OB/GYN appointment yesterday.  This was the "Big Sono" visit.  This appointment was suppose to be on Monday, but the office staff knowing that I like to have lunch with Jeff when I go - rescheduled my appointment for Wednesday because Jeff wasn't going to be available for lunch on Monday after all.  I thought that this was very nice and considerate of them.  My appointment was for after lunch, so I headed down at 11:30 to make it to the office by noon so Jeff & I could have our lunch date.  I pull up to the parking lot, but see no "Jeff car"...hmmm...  I try calling him, but no answer, so I walk in to the office just to see if he is really there, but somehow parked in a different area, etc.  Nope, as it turns out, he is in Rowlett doing surgery. :(  I was kinda bummed!  So off I went to have lunch by myself....  Luckily Jeff was able to make it back to the office for the appointment, and I have to remind myself that sugeries mean money!

We had a great sono!  The tech was a little nervous I think having Jeff there, she would say "here is this" and then appologize to Jeff saying, "I know you know what this is, I'm just making sure that Jill knows what this is..."  Jeff told her it was ok and he actually was enjoying it, he ususally just sees her notes on the sonos and has never really gotten to "experience" one as a Dad and he was enjoying it and learning too.

Our little girl was very cooperative, and yes, I had them check again, just to make sure that she hadn't switched genders...She is a girl!  And there is ONLY 1 in there!!!  She is not going to spontaneously turn into 2 little girls and if she does, either we are going to be rich, or a whole lotta someones (including Jeff) don't know how to do sonos correctly! :)

They measure a few different parts, the head, the body, and the thigh bone - to see an "estimated" due date - which is not really a due date at all, they just want to see that the dates are all relatively the same thus insuring that our little girl is growing at the same rate all over. - She is!

Laurie - the sono tech - showed us her (our little girl that is, not Laurie's) bladder, her kidney's, brain, arms, legs, fingers, toes.  At one point our little girl had one arm behind her head and the other had up on her face on top of her nose, almost like the act of someone who is faking fainting...

Here are a couple of the pics we got:


Look at her cute little nose!!!


Here is a head/body shot



Her arm is bent and you can see her little hand - we counted this hand has 4 fingers and a thumb!



Yeah, I think she was kicking me when Laurie took this picture...Her little leg is stretched out and you can see her little foot!

Very weird to think that:      
       I am actually pregnant!!!!!!
       I have a person growing inside of me!!!!!!
       I am OVER halfway there!!!!!!

Now I really need to get this nursery finished!!!  If only I wouldn't keep changing my mind! :)

2 comments:

amy said...

So Fun! She looks absolutely perfect! We are so looking forward to meeting Alexa's playmate! So do we have any names yet--or do we have to wait!

Todd and Amyjoy said...

Jill,
Congratulations on the sonogram! It looks Awesome! I liked her little nose too. I can just imagine what she will look like!
I am oh so happy for you!

As for your comment on my blog, it made me laugh, which I needed tonight.
Part of it is the insecurity of the unknown (Todd and I are control freaks and we don't like not having a plan), part of it is the year anniversary next week of my Mom's death. We'll make it I know, it just takes time.
I still have a bit of Texas in me, although I am highly outnumbered now with all these Idaho spuds running around. :)

I have been thinking about Aaron and his family and all they are dealing with. I am praying for them.
It puts my kids' tantrums into perspective when I realize that others are trying to keep their kids alive. I don't have to worry about their health, you know, so I am sure I take it for granted.

Enjoy those beautiful sonogram pictures and dream of bows and pink stuff. :)

Amyjoy