Saturday, March 20, 2010

Utah Trip

At the beginning of March, Jeff & I were able to fly out to Utah to see our little niece Kate get baptized.  It was a lot of fun getting together with all the family.  Aaron, Rebecca, and company were able to drive down and Mom & Dad were able to fly up as well.  We are so proud of Kate for choosing to be baptized!

Jeff's stay was short lived as usual.  I guess someone has to make the money now that I am a "kept woman"! :)  We flew in Thursday night, spent the night with Aaron & his family.  Spent some time with them on Friday before driving down to Circleville that evening.  Jeff then drove back up with them Sunday and they dropped him off at the airport.  I was able to hang out in Circleville with Susan and company for the week.  It was nice just hangin' with my sister!  We did make some necklaces for her YW's new beginnings and made a couple of trips to Cedar City.  She somehow coaxed me into buying material at "Ace Hardware" - yes, you heard me right!  I bought material at "Ace Hardware" in Cedar City!!!  They actually have quite a good selection.  We shall see if the blanket turns out ok.

Tuesday night was YW for her and YM for Jason, so the girls got to have a "girls night in"!  Emily, Kate, Kari and I painted nails and put a little "bling" on!  It was a whole lotta fun!  The girls went a little crazy with my nails, but they turned out wonderful.  They put "bling" on every single nail they could!  They even put on stickers on my tiny toe nails that were really waaayyyy to small for the stickers.  Susan got in on the act the next night and the girls went to town on her toes too!

Friday Susan & co. drove me up to Provo where we met Aaron & co. for dinner and the switch off.  After a nice dinner and few tears, Susan & co. headed back toward's Circleville and the rest of us headed to Clinton.

We bowled - I came in 3rd place out of 4....Luckily I beat Daniel - the 4 yr old!  Rebecca & I went through all the little girl clothes (0 - 12 months) - with Susan having 3 girls and Rebecca's 1 girl I had a huge selection! - Rebecca reluctantly let them go....I think she still hopes she might have a girl, but she is DEFINATELY having a boy in a few weeks!  We then went through the new stock of clothes Susan passed down of 2T-5T girl clothes - cute stuff!  We then went through all of her boy clothes and sorted them by age to get ready for #5.  With her having 3 boys and Susan having 1, there was another huge selection of clothes! 

Last time I was there, all Rebecca wanted was one wall painted in her house to a different color, I came up with a plan that ended in us painting almost every room in her house....Seems like this time was no different!  Me and my big mouth! :)  With #5 coming,  Rebecca just wanted a couple of things done to get ready:  1) Find the boy bedding  2) Sort the boy clothes  and 3) Make a spot for a bed in the general basement/storage area for Matthew on the nights that he and Daniel don't get along in the same room.  Well, #1 was easy - boy bedding was in boy bathroom linen closet.  #2 easy - we even moved the extra chest of drawers upstairs and put the 0-6 clothes in it.  #3 - this is where I got my "brilliant" idea....why not just move this around, and then that, and then whalla a whole room for Matthew!  Well, 7 DI trips, 3 dump trips, 100 trash bags between DI & the dump, 9 or was it 10 Sonic runs, and a pedicure later and we accomplished it!  Now Matthew and Daniel are in different rooms in the basement, but by the looks of things, Daniel doesn't necessarily like being alone and has moved his pillow and blanket onto the "Wiggles" couch/bed to sleep on that is in Matthew's room.  Josh is upstairs to monitor his seizures and will get to share a room with #5 when he makes his appearance, and Sarah just doesn't know how lucky she is to get to be the only girl in the family and thus insuring her right to her own room for the rest of her life!

On the way to the airport, Daniel just begged and begged me to take him with me to Texas!  He didnt want to be put in the luggage, he wanted me to buy him a ticket too.  I said don't you think your Mom & Dad will be sad that you are not here with them? - He didn't care.  I asked him don't you think Sarah would cry and cry if you were here to play with her? - He thought about for a minute and said, we can take her with us Jill!  I think he was missing his Uncle Jeff a little.  He thought at first that Uncle Jeff was coming back to Utah - that was how I was going to see him....He was not happy that Uncle Jeff was staying in Texas and I was flying back to Texas.  Funny the effect Jeff has on kids....Daniel has probably seen Jeff all of 2 maybe 3 visits in Daniel's 4 yrs of life and probably for only a couple of days on those visits, but all the kids are always sad to see Jeff leave!

No comments: