Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Binky time

I have been "practicing" with Sydney to get her ready for bottle feedings. She has graduated up to the newborn pacifier. She does pretty good sucking on it and keeping it in her mouth. I try to make sure, especially at the beginning of the feedings, to get her to take her binky. This way she can associate her tummy getting full and the suckling. For her noon feeding today, the nurse had swaddled Sydney up and noticed that she was rooting a bit, so the nurse tried to give her her binky and prop it on the blanket. She kept spitting it out. I unswaddled her hands a bit, put the binky in and used her hand to prop the binky in her mouth. This way was a lot more successful. Her is a little video of her sucking her binky... notice her left hand towards the end of the video...

1 comment:

bamatamb said...

ha! That's funny. I guess she doesn't like getting video-taped, mom! :)