Wednesday, November 11, 2009

And the verdict is....

I had another doctor's appointment today.  Today was a sonogram to measure the thickness of the uterine lining.  I have been on a form of estrogen for the past 2 weeks to "thicken" the lining and make it condusive for embryos to attach.  It needs to be at least 8 mm.  If it is not, they up my dosage and we try again the next week.

I am proud to say that my lining was a 9.5!  (No, not a perfect "10" but I don't need 10...I just needed at least an 8.)  The sonographer started the ultrasound and without measuring - just looking - knew that I was ready.

So tonight I start the fun progesterone shots....the "butt" shot.  eeeek!  If all goes well, I get to have them for the next 10 weeks...I am looking forward to it!  (This will mean of course that I am pregnant...that is the only reason I am excited about them!!!!)

Tuesday, November 17th will be the big day!  We will know the time on Monday.  I am cutting myself off from everyone after the ward temple night on Friday. - We are trying to limit the opportunities for me to get sick.  We want my body to be in the best possible shape for Tuesday.

I have my stack of books by my bedside already.  I am getting my dvd's ready....laptop ready.  What more could a girl want?  ... oh yeah a "Sonic Diet Coke".... but don't worry - I am cut off from those as well!

For the past two weeks or so, I have been "concentrating" on a thickened uterine lining, the sonographer said it worked, so now I will be "concentrating" on the embryos attaching.  I am too excited, nervous, everything.  In just 5 days Jeff & my lives will change!   9 months after that we will be "parents"...what a weird concept.  Our very quiet home will not be quiet for 20 years or so.... Right now we have people come over and they bring their kids and it is great, and it is loud, but then after a few hours they go home and our house is quiet again...."Quoth the Raven, nevermore.."

2 comments:

Angie Briggs said...

Mom and I are reading your blog together and we would like to fast for you on Tue. if that is cool. Maybe it would be great if we could have a giant fast for you by anyone who wants to join in. You have been there for me and I'll be there for you in Aug. when all you want is just 1 more hour of "quiet."

Jeff n Jill said...

I appreciate all that y'all do for Jeff and I. That would be wonderful! We love y'all!