I started my nice (said sarcastically) progesterone shots on Wednesday. The shot is an IM shot, or a butt shot for short. Needless to say it hurts! When Thursday came around and it was time to do the 2nd shot, I couldnt handle it. This is a necessary evil. My body needs these shots so that we can be pregnant. I will be taking these shots up until about week 10. This would mean that I would have to have about 58 shots in all. I had only taken 1. It hurt and I couldn't imagine having to do this again. This is the 3rd time I have had to put my body through this. The first one I took shots until week 7 (about 35 shots) that amounted to a miscarriage and the 2nd time I ended up not pregnant at all so I took about 14 shots. Here I was starting all over again. It was more than I could take. The pain of 57 more shots. I started weeping, sobbing. I was mad because I was having to go through this AGAIN - I was mad because my body was being tortured. I yelled at Jeff - He doesnt have to go through anything. Jeff was the good husband and said, "If I could take these shots for you I would." -I am sure he would, but not something I wanted to hear or believed at the time. I eventually calmed down, got my painful shot, and crawled into bed.
It is amazing how the Lord works. Jeff got a little sick on Thursday and worse on Friday. He ended up having one of his nurses give him a shot of antibiotics...you guessed it, in the butt. This is the text I received:
Jeff: "I got a shot in the butt" "I think I must suck at shots"
Me: "That's good to hear!"
Jeff: "Didn't really feel it."
Jeff was able to get some tips on butt shots and Friday night when it was time for my shot again, I was a bit calmer and then amazed because I could hardly feel it. Thinking it might be a fluke, I held my breath on Saturday night, and I could barely feel it then too.
I am grateful that Heavenly Father not only answers tradtional prayers, but He hears us when we are sad and upset and crying and he answers those prayers too. I am still not looking forward to the rest of the shots, but I know that somehow He has guided Jeff to help lessen the pain and make it a more bearable task.
In case you are wondering what the tip is....you make your left hand into an upside down "L" shape and put as much pressure around the area that the needle is going into. This confuses the nerve receptors and you don't feel the needle as much...so if anyone has to take their little ones in for a shot, you can pass the tip onto the nurse giving the shot to help lessen the trauma for you kid.
Sunday, November 15, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
Great tip! A shoot in Jeff's butt is a blessing to us all:)
Jill you are adorable and we love you so much. It is funny how sometimes the Lord answers prayers. We will be praying and fasting that all goes well tomorrow!
Jill, this post made me cry...until you got to Jeff's butt shots...then this post made me laugh so hard (sorry, Jeff). Hooray for answered prayers!!
Good luck tomorrow! We love you.
Post a Comment