Wednesday, November 18, 2009

A Most Joyous Day!

Monday night I received a mysterious text....It said to look out on my front porch before we left for the hospital Tuesday morning.

Tuesday morning, Jeff opened the door and this is what we found:


A beautiful boquet of flowers from the Shirleys.  They are the former Bishop and his wife.  It was a wonderful way to start a wonderful day!

We got to the hospital - the ARTS department (Artificial Reproductive Technology Services) - and they checked us in.  The embryologist came around and talked to us about the thawing process.  We had a day 5 (ideal) and a day 6 (an ok..but....) embryo to thaw.  Unfortunately, the day 6 embryo didn't make it.  They thaw the embryo and watch for growth, instead the day 6 one crumpled.  All this means is that we are definately not having quads or trips and the chances of twins is like everyone else...3%.

Jeff and I are very sad about the loss of the embryo, but we do remember when they were freezing them one of the embryologists said that they had frozen a day 6 that was not in the best quality, but she did it anyway on the off chance that it could be used.  We appreciate the efforts of that embryologist for giving us any and all chances to have a baby. 

Here is a picture of the embryo that was put inside of me - sorry that it is a picture of a picture - Jeff won't let me go sit at the big computer and scan it in and he has no idea how to scan something in.




This is baby's first photo!  How cool is that?  (It is fuzzy because of all the cells, not my photography skills.)

I now have the baby in me.  We came home, Jeff immediately set me up in bed.  He brought me some lunch, kissed me goodbye and went to work.  Now some of you might think this is heartless, but it was my idea for him to only take a half day.  I was fortunate enough to have my Dad come and stay with me yesterday.  We watched movies and he did his duties as watcher and scolded me if I sat up or got up too much.  We did get a knock on the door sometime in the afternoon.  It was a flower delivery man.




Mike and Jenn sent them!  Beautiful roses!  What a surprise!  I love them.

Jeff had some bishopric meetings last night, so Dad and I ordered a pizza and continued our videofest!  It was a very Joyous day!  Many people have called and shared some wonderful touching stories that happened to them yesterday too.  Jeff and I are so blessed to have such loving and faithful families and friends.  We are excited for what the next 9 months are going to bring!

Thank y'all for all your prayers and fasting.  I know that the Lord has heard all of our pleas and I know he will answer them!  We love y'all!

6 comments:

Todd and Amyjoy said...

Jill, I wish you the very best. I am praying for you that all will go well! Please keep us updated!

Amyjoy

amy said...

I am glad the day turned out well. We had a prayer in our hearts all day yesterday. We will continue to add our faith to yours through out the whole process. We love you!

Lexi said...

I'm thinking about you guys! We'll be keeping you in our thoughts and prayers.

Let me know if you need anything. Seriously. As in, when you finish that stack of books by your bed and you need something new to read I can drive by and drop some off or stick them in your mailbox or something.

And I know you can't do the Sonic Route 44 Diet Coke, but I could get you a shake or a Sprite or whatever you'd like... even if you just need some chocolate! Keep thinking happy thoughts and talk to your baby everyday!

I'm thinking 'sticky' thoughts for you guys! :-)

Mom-Mom said...

Day 6! I am joyful to see my new grandchild. What a beautiful sight. What a sacred picture. We are in a very grateful mood.

Angie Briggs said...

We continue to pray for you, Jeff, and the baby. Thank you for letting us be a part of this. I already feel so connected to the little life I can only imagine how I will feel in 9 months.

Johanna said...

Hi, this is Rebecca's sister. I have been keeping you both in my thoughts and prayers. I hope all goes well and there will be a cute little one running around your home soon.