Saturday night/Sunday morning at about 2 am I woke up with the most aweful cramping. I woke Jeff up sobbing about the pain. I have felt this pain every month for the past umpteen years. I was devistated. I asked Jeff for a blessing. He gave me one of the most wonderful blessings. I calmed down, the pain subsided and I was able to sleep. This pain reassured him that I needed to be taking it easy - sitting or laying down. He (and my Mom & Dad) have taken great care of me.
Well, today it all paid off! I went into the doctor's office for a blood test and the results have come in... I'm PREGNANT! The beta HCG came back as a 75! To put this in perspective - the very first time we did this and they put 2 embryos in - it came back an 18. To officially be pregnant you have to be at least a 10, to get a positive "pee" on a stick thing you have to be at least a 30. I am a 75!!!!! Today I am officially 4 weeks pregnant (you start counting from the first day of your last cycle. - in my case I had a 5 day embryo + 9 days = 14 days + the fake 2 weeks before)
So what's next? Next Tuesday, Dec 1st (5 weeks) we do a repeat HCG test to make sure that the number is climbing and climbing appropriately. It should double ever 2 days. I believe it is week 6 or 7 that we will hear the first heartbeats...I have never made it this far yet...so please keep those prayers coming!
Jeff was so cute - we had decided long ago that we were going to tell everyone on Dec 1st the results - just to be sure... So I called him today told them to drag him out of the patients room, and gave him the positive result and the number... here is the conversation:
Jeff: "Ok...so can I tell my office now?"
Me: "No, we talked about it and we decided to wait until Dec 1st."
Jeff: "But they have been asking everyday and really want to know."
Me: "So does everyone else."
Jeff: "But what if they promise not to post anything on your facebook."
Me: "We cannot tell your office staff before we tell our families...If you want to tell them today, then we have to call our parents first...but we said we were going to wait for Dec 1st."
Jeff: "Go call everyone!"
I am so grateful for Jeff and his worthiness to hold the Priesthood. I am grateful that him and my dad could give me a blessing before the procedure and Jeff could give me a comfort blessing when I was scared and in pain. I am grateful for all of y'alls prayers and fasting! I know this child for us is wanted by all! Now don't y'all go spoiling the baby! :)
We love y'all and again are grateful for everything!
Wednesday, November 25, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

4 comments:
Congratulations Jill and Jeff. We are excited for you. I am glad our little kiddos will be so close in age! It will be so fun! Now keep taking it easy!!
Yea and wonderful Yea! I was so happy. I just had to shout out loud. !! Yes, Jeff and your parents have taken very good care of you. You have been in our prayers at all times. Our little one is doing his part so well and you are going down a road you have wanted for so long. I pary that you will have health and strength for the days and months ahead.
All our Love, Mom and Ardean
Yay! That is great news! And you better wait... that baby is going to be S*P*O*I*L*E*D for sure! :-0
I lay awake at night planning all the ways I can spoil your baby (and chuckling evilly). And no "don't go spoiling my baby, y'all" is going to stop me.
Just FYI.
Allison
Post a Comment