Wednesday, December 9, 2009

Perks....

I am officially 5weeks 6 days today.  I decided that it might be good to go have lunch with Jeff today down in Forney.  Oh...and while I am here....get a sonogram? :)  With such a high repeat beta, one of the questions going through our mind was "twins?"  There is only a 3% chance of twins with one embryo, so we have been patiently waiting 2 weeks to see why the jump in my HCg level.

Here is the result:



As you can see we have one baby in there.  The levels just mean it is a really good pregnancy!  It was such a relief to see the "fetal pole", the yoke sac, and the heartbeat!  According to the sono, we are due on 08/05/2010.  I think the tech was a little surprised that we could see the heartbeats this early. - Usually that is something you don't see until week 7.  It doesn't look like much.  She said the baby is the size of an uncooked grain of rice and the gestational sac is the size of a grape.  But we could definately see the little flicker of the heart beating!  It was really special.

Jeff's whole office was waiting for the results.  When Jeff left the sono room I could hear the whoops and hollers!  I came out a min or two later with the pictures.  Jeff was seeing a patient when I came out, so I waited for him to come out before I said my goodbyes.  When he and the patient came out, the patient turned to me and gave me a congrats.  She said Jeff came into the room beaming and was so excited to tell her that he got to see his first baby for the first time today!  Jeff was all smiles and beaming like a proud papa!

To make this day complete, as I was driving home from Jeff's office, I got pulled over for speeding!  Nice way to bring me down out of the clouds! :)

5 comments:

Rebecca said...

YAY!! I am so excited for you!! I am glad you finally got to see your little grain of rice with a heart beat!! It almost makes getting the ticket ok--almost ;).

Mom-Mom said...

That's the prettiest baby I have ever seen at 7 weeks. Hooray!
Many blessings to you. We have all waited for this news! Good going proud Mom and Dad.

bamatamb said...

Oh Jill, I am just so thrilled for you. Everytime I read a new post I get tears in my eyes because you're going to be such great parents! What a lucky kid.
:) Michonne

Grandma Phil Mancil said...

Just make sure Dr Nelson stays in the area for a few years.

amy said...

Yeahhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I have to say though that maybe you are not out of twins woods yet. My first sono with the twins early on showed only one sac. I wasn't till I got a sono around 10 weeks that we saw two heart beats and two sacs. :) But we are super duper thrilled with just one. She/He is going to be the luckiest kid ever---so spoiled!