Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Repeat Beta

I am going to give you a little lesson first... your "beta" or beta hcg is the hormone that tells your body that you are pregnant.  It should double every 2 days.  This indicates that the pregnancy is going along great.  So last Wednesday my beta was 75.  One would conclude that on Friday it would be 150, Sunday - 300, and today, Tuesday it would be 600.

By the time I am done with this pregnancy, Y'all are going to know more than you ever wanted about the whole process!

I went in this morning for the blood test and had to wait allllll day long for the results.  Last week I got the results back at 2 pm.  Today I had to wait until almost 4pm!  I just knew that this was a sign that they didnt want to talk to me, cuz something was wrong...of course based on the blessings I have had lately - I KNOW I am pregant.  So finally the nurse calls and tells me my number 1,968!  I had her repeat it a couple of times...I said, "Wow, I was only expecting 600."  She said, "Yeah, well, so were we!"  I asked her what it means and she said that it meant I was PREGNANT!  That this was a good pregnancy.  She also told me to talk to my husband, the OB for more details.....

I have a Level 1 sonogram set up for Dec 16th (@ 7 weeks)  We should be able to see heartbeats at this sono.  WOW!  I am reeling!  I am so overcome with happiness and joy that this is really happening!  Jeff and I are going to be parents!  CRAZY  Wonderful!

5 comments:

Todd and Amyjoy said...

You guys are so deserving! Hmmm could it be twins with that high of a number???

Rebecca said...

Double your pleasure, double your fun or just triple your HCG right?!? Congratulations once again!! How exciting! You need to have lunch with Jeff tomorrow ;)!

Johanna said...

Congratulations! Here is to hoping for morning sickness soon...A good sign, right?

Angie Briggs said...

I can't stop smiling! Keep doing what ever it is your doing. This is truly a blessing.

amy said...

WahOOOOOOOOOO! Congrats! We are so excited to see what happens next!