All was going great until about 2am...the enchiladas started biting back! All night/morning I was constantly being woken up by heartburn, Jeff's snoring, heartburn, heartburn, Jeff's alarm clock...it was not a good night to sleep. It looks as though I hit 6 weeks and everything hit me back! All day Friday I suffered from heartburn or nausea. I needed to deliver the enchiladas to my parents and help them out a bit with their computers, so at 2pm I braved it and drove to Plano. I was hungery, so I stopped by a Chick-Fil-A on the way. As soon as the sandwich entered my car, I had an instant wave of nausea hit. I then decided that eating some McD french fries probably wouldn't be bad, so I stopped and picked up some. When I got to my parents' house, I offered my sandwich to my Dad and then after I had eaten just a handful of french fries, I gave him the rest of those too!
Friday night was ward temple night, Jeff & I had planned on going, but after the day I was having eating wise, I was begining to feel a little scared about going. Jeff went without me. I went home and found some noodles my Mom had dropped off a few weeks ago and ate those without any incidence. whew! On his way home from the temple, Jeff stopped by and picked up a loaf of bread. He started thinking about the way I was feeling and started asking himself what would he want to eat if he was in my shoes...it came to him, "Amy's Grilled Cheese Sandwiches". Jeff has told me on countless occasions that anytime he wasn't feeling good, Amy would go into the kitchen and surprise him with a grilled cheese sandwich. To this day he swears that hers are the best! He didn't know how to make a grilled cheese sandwich, so he did the next best thing...he made me some cinnamon toast and surprised me with it! How did I luck out with such a kind, thoughtful, wonderful man like Jeff?!?!?!
So I guess I need to be on my guard a little more with my food. Today Jeff braved the grilled cheese sandwich. I thought they were kind of soggy...apparently he buttered both sides of the toast, put cheese in the middle and stuck it in the oven until the cheese melted. Oh well, it is the thought that counts!
I am off now to make some sweet potatoes and mashed potatoes for our ward Christmas party. Hopefully I will feel better and will brave eating something, but we shall see. I am now a little gun shy when it comes to food. I guess I am not as bullet proof with the nausea/pregnancy stuff like I once thought I was!


5 comments:
Jill,
Sorry you are having nausea! I know all too well about that.
Best advice I can give you, don't let yourself get hungry. Have food on hand always and eat often and not a lot. Don't force yourself to eat ANYTHING that doesn't sound good.
I know you will get lots of advice but after 5 pregnancies, that is what I have to offer.
I am so happy for you. Even the nausea is good news. :)
We enjoyed the Enchiladas and rice. A small batch is in the freezer to eat on a work day. Thanks Jill, Thanks Grannie!
Oh the fun of being pregnant! I think sometimes the first trimester is the worst, because you feel horrible, but there is not an obvious reason why. I can't believe Jeff likes my grilled cheese sandwiches that much. I am such a bad cook I call myself chef boy are you dumb. I am afraid to make Jeff grilled cheese too because I swear it will taste horrible. I'd much rather have your yummy sweet potatoes. :)
I make a killer grilled cheese sandwhich. I'll bring my griddle over and grill you one sometime if you'd like.
Also, if bread sounds at all good to you, just tell me what kind you want. I'm not kidding. I'm off work today and will be baking bread.
Cheese, the cure all!
I am happy-sad for your nausea!
We had a great family cookie exchange, but it was missing something--the Christmas wreath by Jill. Now that would make me feel better.
Keep up the good vibes going. We love it.
Post a Comment