Tuesday, January 12, 2010

1st Official OB appt

I had my 1st offical OB appt today.  I am 10w 6d today.  Dr. Shisler used the doppler on me to see if we could hear the baby's heartbeat.  She warned me that it still is a little early to hear it and that if we didn't hear it we would do an ultrasound.  Well, we heard it!  It was pretty neat.  I was a little disappointed though because I would not be getting an ultrasound.  So Dr. Shisler ran to the other room and grabbed the ultrasound machine.  The office staff saw her run for the machine and bring it in and they became worried that something was wrong with the baby.  Dr. Shisler calmed them down and said, "Nothing is wrong.  We just want a few pictures too."  I think I am spoiled! :)  She got the machine to take some good pictures. You really can't see the arms and legs too well, but you can definately see the shape of the head and body of the baby.  It bounced around a little for us, but then was very content to just go to sleep.  Dr. S kept trying to jiggle my tummy to "wake up" the baby so we could see the arms, but it was just tuckered out!



I did start crying during the ultrasound this time.  It became a little more real for me during this one.  You could of course see the heart beating away and you could see the cord pulsing as well.  I am a week from the trimester mark.  It is weird how it has seemed to fly by....although August does seem like forever away!

Vote for what you think the baby is going to be if you haven't already.  If each family member wants their own vote...go for it.  The transnucal appt is actually going to be Jan 27th - This is Grandma Phil's birthday, so hopefully I can give her a great present by telling her if it is a grandson or a granddaughter.  I will be exactly 13 weeks on this day, this is the beginning threshold of when we can tell the gender...hopefully things will continue in the same trend and we can tell what this little eskimo is...need to get the paint for the nursery!

4 comments:

Todd and Amyjoy said...

Yeah! That is great that you could see the baby. Yes you are spoiled, at least when it comes to ultrasounds, and I'm sure you know 13 weeks is VERY early to be able to find out what you are having. Most of us have to wait until we are 19-20 weeks along! So you are lucky there too.
I hope you are feeling well and that everything goes swimmingly. No pun intended. :)

I hope you are having a girl, just for the record. Healthy is what matters though.
Take care, we're off to California and Disneyland on Friday.

Amyjoy

Rebecca said...

I had an OB appointment today, too--how funny. I am glad you could see everything. January 27th isn't too far away, but you need to have a BOY so my munchkin won't be girl trapped by his sister AND cousin!! By the way for your information the ultrasound paper they print the pictures out on does not hold the image for very long--maybe a couple of years. It is also heat sensitive so if you want to laminate it you have to copy the picture first.

Mom-Mom said...

Happy Daze are here again! And I do mean a "daze". Good job, Jeff and Jill!

Wendy said...

It is just wonderful!! Our family keep you in our prayers everyday. Looks like the feeling is girl. I am sure healthy is all that matters. Love ya