Wednesday, January 27, 2010

What Jeff thinks...

I am going in to the MFM's offiice in a few minutes, but just wanted to put down what Jeff thinks the baby is and why....

I was about 8 weeks along and I had run out of progesterone.  I knew there was a vile at his office, so after church we drove down to Forney to grab it.  I saw the doppler machines and asked Jeff if he would see if we could hear the heartbeat.  It told me it was probably too early and we wouldn't be able to hear it.  I of course begged and being spoiled, Jeff gave in.  Of course we couldn't hear the heartbeats because it was too early and I then begged him for an ultrasound to make sure everything was ok.  Jeff just shook his head (repeating the words, "spoiled, spoiled, spoiled") and gave me the ultrasound.  He measured the heartbeats and it was like 177 bpm.  He was like, "Ok, we are having a girl."  Aparently a faster heartbeat "usually" indicates a girl.  Of course, everyone has to have their opinion, "my kids had fast heartbeats and they are boys" etc.

We were having another ultrasound later and Jeff told Dr. Shisler his theory on how it was going to be a girl.  Dr Shisler said, "You don't really believe that stuff do you?"  Jeff said, "Well, I have see it actually be somewhat accurate."  So Dr. Shisler said to me, "What you need to do is look up the Chinese Calendar...that is scary accurate!"  Jeff and I had to chuckle at that...She is calling the fast heartbeat voodoo, but the Chinese Calander is good?

I did try the Chinese Calendar, you use the month of conception and the age of the mother when the baby is born.  Here's my problem....our baby was conceived in August 4 years ago.  So what do I use?  August age 31, August age 36, Nov (when the baby was put in me) 36?  I get different results....

I have been girl focused this whole time up until this past weekend.  I went to the Aggie basketball game, and up on the jumbotron, they had put the cutest little boy who got so cute excited to see his face on the screen.  And then as we were leaving there was a bunch of boys tossing a football around and a little toddler boy who was carrying a football around. (the football was as big as his body and head, so it was like it was a little football on legs!)  He was just running around with the ball and then he stopped and watch the big boys throw the ball to each other, so he tried throwing it but it only went a few inches in front of him...he threw his arms up like he had just made a touchdown.  Melted my heart!  So now I am conflicted about what I think I am having.  I am honestly ok with either gender.  I was always ok, just wanting a healthy baby, but I did have that nagging leaning to one side feeling of a girl before and would I be disappointed if it was a boy?  After this weekend I can honestly say I will be ok...I have about an hour before I will know now.  Hopefully the baby will cooperate with us and flash us it's privates!  (How weird to hope for that!)

1 comment:

Lexi said...

Oh my gosh, how exciting! I can't wait to hear the results! Have fun!